Business Council of NYS offers a second webinar on coronavirus March 20.
The Business Council will be hosting another special webinar on coronavirus in the workplace on Friday, March 20, 2020 from 1-2 pm. Additional information can be found below. Click here to register.
The Business Council has created a Managing Coronavirus page on its website. Some things to consider:
- Encourage employees to be informed. Share with them the CDC website and relevant information.
- Focus on hygiene. Let employees know that you are concerned by providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers, wipes, and any other protective equipment suggested by the CDC. Reinforce good hand washing techniques and cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Encourage personal responsibility. Require employees to report to their supervisor if they or anyone in their household has recently traveled to any area impacted by the virus, is exhibiting symptoms, or has been confirmed as having COVID-19.
- Practice “social distancing.” Encourage employees to reduce face-to-face meetings and discontinue handshake or hug greetings. Consider work redesign to separate employees from each other if possible. Consider allowing appropriate positions to work from home or allowing staggered shifts.
- Don’t “Tough it Out.” Encourage employees who feel sick to stay home and away from work. Require employees to report to their supervisors when they are not well or if someone at home is sick. Tell employees if they report to work displaying symptoms or become ill at work that they will be sent home immediately. Make sure your leave policies can accommodate a public health emergency of this kind. In addition to the use of benefit time like sick and personal, employers need to be aware that ADA/ FMLA and/or Paid Family Leave may apply if an employee or their family member are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Stay informed. Look for additional communication from The Business Council. It is likely that the state and federal government develop additional “sick leave” policies that will impact employers.
Similar News Items
Congratulations to the Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center on being verified by the American Burn Association (ABA) as an Adult and Pediatric Burn Center. The verification was made after a rigorous and thorough review of Westchester Medical Center’s burn care program. With this verification, BCW Member Westchester Medical Center is now home to the […]
In an expansion of its media portfolio, BCW Member Today Media has acquired Bethesda Magazine and the news site MoCo360 from Z-Pop Media. Today Media is a leading publisher of regional lifestyle magazines, business publications and websites across multiple markets including Westchester Magazine and 914INC. Rob Martinelli, CEO of Today Media, said Bethesda Magazine and […]
Become A Member
Join the county’s largest and most influential business organization today.JOIN NOW!