The Business Council of Westchester (BCW) was represented prominently in City & State New York’s “Westchester Power 100” list, including BCW President and CEO Marsha Gordon, who came in at number 8. City & State New York covers local and state politics and policy and created this list to recognize those in Westchester who are not strictly in government but influence it from the outside.
“The BCW is truly the most prestigious business organization in Westchester providing advocacy and economic development leadership initiatives for our county,” said John Ravitz, Executive Vice President of the BCW, who was listed as number 38. “We are pleased that so many members and directors have been recognized by City & State, and we are particularly proud to have our leader Marsha Gordonrank number eight on this prestigious list.”
According to City & State’s website, rankings were compiled based upon “accomplishments, sway in political and policy matters, their economic clout, their philanthropic efforts, their ties to powerful politicians and the constituencies they represent.” The list represents a diverse range of industries and sectors, including large corporations, higher education institutions, and non-profit organizations.
Those on the Power 100 list were honored at a dinner last night at Whitby Castle in Rye.
This year’s list includes the following members of the BCW Board of Directors:
- Mark Weingarten, Partner, DelBello Donnellan Weingarten Wise & Wiederkehr LLP
- Timothy Jones, CEO, Robert Martin Co
- Belinda Miles, President, Westchester Community College
- Jane Solnick, Director, Westchester Public Affairs, Con Edison
- Susan Fox, President and CEO, Westchester Institute for Human Development (BCW Board of Directors-elect)
- Cristyne Nicholas & George Lence, CEO; President, Nicholas & Lence Communications
- Marvin Krislov, President, Pace University (BCW Board of Directors-elect)
- Seamus Carey, President, Iona College (BCW Board of Directors-elect)
- Heidi Davidson, BCW Board Chair-elect, Co-founder, Galvanize Worldwide
- Dean Bender, Elizabeth Bracken-Thompson & Geoff Thompson, Partners, Thompson & Bender
- Millie Hernandez-Becker, President and CEO, Skyqueen Enterprises
- Anthony Justic, BCW Board Chair, Partner, M Group Consulting LLC
- Michael J. Fosina, President, NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
- Michael Geisler, President, Manhattanville College
- Stacey Cohen, President and CEO, Co-Communications
- Cindy Rubino, President and CEO of YMCA of Central and Northern Westchester