Westchester’s best and brightest took center stage Thursday evening as more than 400 people were on hand to salute the 2017 class of Rising Stars, a diverse and highly talented group representing an impressive array of professions.
“These exemplary young professionals have distinguished themselves through their talent, determination, leadership and commitment to the Westchester business community. Their initiative, innovation and drive to succeed have gone a long way toward ensuring that Westchester remains the smartest county in the United States,” said BCW President and CEO Marsha Gordon.
“Selecting from among the most talented young individuals in Westchester was no easy feat,’’ said Eon Nichols, Partner at Cuddy & Feder, a 2013 Rising Star Alum and Chair of the Rising Stars. “Congratulations on being selected as a Rising Star.’’
He added, “We provide opportunities for civic engagement, business education, community service, and social and cultural activities throughout the year. I encourage you to engage with our alumni group – to forge relationships, promote ideas, and of course, conduct business with each other.”
The Rising Stars program is modeled after the national business recognition program “40 under 40.” Rising Stars honorees were chosen based on professional and/or entrepreneurial accomplishments, professional and/or business affiliations, and demonstrated leadership skills. Thursday’s event was held in the atrium of 800 Westchester Avenue in Rye Brook.
The 2017 Rising Stars are:
- Noura Abul-Husn, Director, Translational Genetics, Regeneron Genetic Center
- Jessica Apicella, Senior Manager of Marketing, Media Planning & Special Events, Thompson & Bender
- Gene-Christian Baca, Director of Business Development, Walter’s Hot Dogs, Inc.
- Gregory Bautista, Partner, Wilson Elser
- Michael Buonassisi, Portfolio Manager, Altium Wealth Management, LLC
- John Cerino, Senior Advisor/ Confidential Scheduler to the County Executive, Westchester County
- Alex Chavarria, Director of Community & Family Services, Port Chester Carver Center
- William Colona, Director, Government & Community Relations, Pace University
- Michael Curti, Corporation Counsel, City of Yonkers
- Noel D’Allacco, Assistant Professor, Business Administration, The College of Westchester
- Jacob Dibble, Director of Project Management, CBRE
- Kamilah Dowling, Nurse Practitioner, Montefiore Health System
- Joanne Dunn, Director of Employment Services, Westhab Inc.
- Sahra English, Vice President, Public Policy – US Markets, Mastercard
- Joanna Fang, Foley Artist, Alchemy Post Sound
- Jeremy Frank, Director of Acquisitions, Robert Martin Company, LLC
- Bryan Fryer, Senior Manager, Maier Markey & Justic LLP
- Daniel Harm Jr., Construction Manager, Transmission Construction, Con Edison
- Katie Hatch, Director of PR & Marketing, Westchester Knicks/MSG
- Mona Kennedy, Family Medicine Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester
- Christine La Porta, Deputy Executive Director, The Westchester Parks Foundation
- Hakim Lahlou, Assistant Director of Graduate Business Recruitment, Mercy College
- Bridget Lasda, Vice President of National Sales, Heineken USA
- Kate Liberman, Managing Director, Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
- Joseph Long, Managing Director, Strategies for Wealth
- Jodi McCredo, President, Always Printing
- Robert McGuinness, Regional Asset Manager, Kite Realty Group
- Michelle Nicholas, Vice President, Development & External Affairs, Family Services of Westchester
- Jennifer Ratner, Audiologist/Co-Owner, Audiology Associates of Westchester
- Kristy Rotonde, Owner/Founder, PLUSHBLOW
- Christina Rubicco, Owner, Anna & Jack’s Treehouse
- Lauren Sabol, Associate, Leason Ellis LLP
- Daria Semenova, Design Director, American Christmas, Inc.
- Saad Siddiqui, Partner, Ferrante & Siddiqui, LLP
- Michael Silverman, Director of Rehabilitation & Wellness, Northern Westchester Hospital
- Matthew Skinner, Operations Technology & Architecture Supervisor, Reckson A Division of SL Green Realty Corp
- Felix Tapia, Director of Marketing, Robison Oil/Singer Holding Corp.
- Michael Vannucci, Vice President Marketing, IAC Applications
- Paul Viggiano, Director of Marketing & Business Administration, A.G. Williams Painting Company
- Katharine Yamulla, Director, Clinical Skills & Simulation Center, New York Medical College