Yonkers Arts Group Outlines Positive Impacts on the City
Yonkers Arts recently presented an impact report showcasing the work Yonkers Arts has done for the community, the community of artists, and the overall beautification efforts to the city.
Among the highlights:
- Art in the Park: This community initiative that focuses on revamping our parks and playgrounds through the arts via partnerships with the Parks Department, The City of Yonkers, and Groundworks Hudson Valley
- Youth Art Based Programming for Students and Paid Internships via partnerships with Yonkers Public Schools and Greyston.
- Efforts in beautifying the City through curated murals and youth programs via pending partnerships with the Yonkers IDA, Yonkers Downtown BID, and the Yonkers Public Schools.
- Expanded support for local artists through programs, exhibitions, resources via various partnership projects with the Municipal Housing Authority of Yonkers, RiverArts, and the City of Yonkers.
- Community Fridge and mural program in partnership with the YMCA at the YMCA.
“Yonkers Arts is all about our community. We believe in creating all-inclusive safe spaces and opportunities for our youth and our artists. As long as I’m in the position to do so, I will continue to work towards bringing these opportunities and resources to my community,” said Yonkers Arts Executive Director Ray Wilcox.
Similar News Items
BCW Member Greyston, the creator of the no-judgement hiring process known as Open Hiring®, celebrated its new offices with ribbon-cutting ceremony on Wednesday joined by a host of dignitaries who praised the organization for eliminating barriers to employment for thousands. Dignitaries including New York State Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano, Westchester County […]
Congratulations to BCW Member MacQuesten Development LLC on the groundbreaking for The St. Clair, a $60 million development featuring 78 affordable apartments and commercial space in downtown Yonkers. Located at 34 Main Street, the development is a partnership with the State of New York’s Homes and Community Renewal Program, Westchester County and the City of […]
The BCW has joined with business groups throughout the state in the first of several state-wide information campaigns launched by the Business Council of New York State to educate New York voters on the impacts of significant legislation approved by state lawmakers. The first campaign will focus on the importance of a credible, reliable and […]
Become A Member
Join the county’s largest and most influential business organization today.JOIN NOW!