Yonkers Arts Group Outlines Positive Impacts on the City
Yonkers Arts recently presented an impact report showcasing the work Yonkers Arts has done for the community, the community of artists, and the overall beautification efforts to the city.
Among the highlights:
- Art in the Park: This community initiative that focuses on revamping our parks and playgrounds through the arts via partnerships with the Parks Department, The City of Yonkers, and Groundworks Hudson Valley
- Youth Art Based Programming for Students and Paid Internships via partnerships with Yonkers Public Schools and Greyston.
- Efforts in beautifying the City through curated murals and youth programs via pending partnerships with the Yonkers IDA, Yonkers Downtown BID, and the Yonkers Public Schools.
- Expanded support for local artists through programs, exhibitions, resources via various partnership projects with the Municipal Housing Authority of Yonkers, RiverArts, and the City of Yonkers.
- Community Fridge and mural program in partnership with the YMCA at the YMCA.
“Yonkers Arts is all about our community. We believe in creating all-inclusive safe spaces and opportunities for our youth and our artists. As long as I’m in the position to do so, I will continue to work towards bringing these opportunities and resources to my community,” said Yonkers Arts Executive Director Ray Wilcox.
Similar News Items
The Business Council of Westchester released its 2024 Legislative Agenda and called on state lawmakers to embrace policies that support a sustainable economy and job creation. The BCW produces the Annual Legislative Agenda each year for federal, state and local representatives on behalf of the business community. Among the recommendations in its 44-page report, the […]
The Business Council of Westchester is among 43 business organizations representing tens of thousands of businesses of all sectors and sizes across New York urging the Senate and Assembly to allocate funding in the Fiscal Year 2025 budget to address the unemployment insurance debt; as well as support the Governor’s proposals to sunset the state’s […]
Congratulations to the Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center on being verified by the American Burn Association (ABA) as an Adult and Pediatric Burn Center. The verification was made after a rigorous and thorough review of Westchester Medical Center’s burn care program. With this verification, BCW Member Westchester Medical Center is now home to the […]
Become A Member
Join the county’s largest and most influential business organization today.JOIN NOW!