BCW to Present Major Energy Conference May 10 to Tackle New Energy Solutions
As part of its ongoing focus on advocacy and economic development, The Business Council of Westchester will present a major energy conference bringing together the industry’s biggest players along with government, private and public sector leaders for a panel discussion on how to transition into the new energy landscape.
The conference – Running on Empty? Transitioning to a New Energy Landscape – will take place from 9 am. to 12 noon on Friday, May 10, at the Crowne Plaza, located at 66 Hale Ave., White Plains. Kindly register in advance to secure your spot today.
In March, The Business Council of Westchester, the county’s only business membership organization focused on economic development and advocacy, formed the BCW Gas Moratorium Task Force. The Task Force is a cross-section of developers, business leaders of small, mid-sized and large companies, as well as planners and affordable housing advocates to propose solutions.
Running on Empty? Transitioning to a New Energy Landscape
Opening Remarks: Westchester County Executive George Latimer
- Michael Reed, NYS Energy and Research Development Authority, Team Leader Advanced Efficiency Solutions. Reed will discuss New York State’s Clean Energy Action Plan to lower energy costs, promote economic development and help communities, businesses and individuals access reliable clean energy alternatives to gas.
- Tim Cawley, President, Con Edison, will discuss the transition to a clean energy future.
- New York State Senator Kevin Parker, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Energy and Telecommunications. Senator Parker will discuss current energy legislation.
- David Singer, President, Robison Oil, will discuss “Bioheat – The Evolution of Oil Heat.”
- Christina Armentano, Executive Vice President, Paraco Gas Corporation, will discuss“Propane Can Do That- A Green Energy Alternative.”
Other Recent BCW Energy News:
Similar News Items
CLICK HERE to watch Tompkins Community Bank Power Breakfast: Keeping Business Going in Challenging Financial Times.
The Business Council of Westchester, the county’s largest and most influential business membership organization, is pleased to announce the election of four new members to its Board of Directors. The new members for three-year terms are Christina O’Shea-Daly, Ronnie Ram, Dr. Rajiv R. Ratan, and Dr. Frank D. Sánchez. Christina O’Shea-Daly is the vice-president of […]
In what would provide a major boost for the region’s economy, MGM Resorts International has unveiled its vision to transition BCW Member Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts into a world-class entertainment destination, MGM Empire City, if awarded a commercial casino license by New York State. The BCW has been an active and long-standing advocate […]
Become A Member
Join the county’s largest and most influential business organization today.JOIN NOW!