BCW to Present Major Energy Conference May 10 to Tackle New Energy Solutions
As part of its ongoing focus on advocacy and economic development, The Business Council of Westchester will present a major energy conference bringing together the industry’s biggest players along with government, private and public sector leaders for a panel discussion on how to transition into the new energy landscape.
The conference – Running on Empty? Transitioning to a New Energy Landscape – will take place from 9 am. to 12 noon on Friday, May 10, at the Crowne Plaza, located at 66 Hale Ave., White Plains. Kindly register in advance to secure your spot today.
In March, The Business Council of Westchester, the county’s only business membership organization focused on economic development and advocacy, formed the BCW Gas Moratorium Task Force. The Task Force is a cross-section of developers, business leaders of small, mid-sized and large companies, as well as planners and affordable housing advocates to propose solutions.
Running on Empty? Transitioning to a New Energy Landscape
Opening Remarks: Westchester County Executive George Latimer
- Michael Reed, NYS Energy and Research Development Authority, Team Leader Advanced Efficiency Solutions. Reed will discuss New York State’s Clean Energy Action Plan to lower energy costs, promote economic development and help communities, businesses and individuals access reliable clean energy alternatives to gas.
- Tim Cawley, President, Con Edison, will discuss the transition to a clean energy future.
- New York State Senator Kevin Parker, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Energy and Telecommunications. Senator Parker will discuss current energy legislation.
- David Singer, President, Robison Oil, will discuss “Bioheat – The Evolution of Oil Heat.”
- Christina Armentano, Executive Vice President, Paraco Gas Corporation, will discuss“Propane Can Do That- A Green Energy Alternative.”
Other Recent BCW Energy News:
Similar News Items
Nuvance Health and Northwell Health, two nonprofit, mission-driven healthcare organizations, this week announced they have entered into a strategic agreement to form a new integrated regional health system serving communities across two states. The proposed agreement will allow the organizations to come together formally upon receipt of necessary regulatory approval. “This partnership opens a new […]
In what is the largest donation made to any medical school in the nation, BCW Member Montefiore’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine announced this week a transformation gift from Ruth L. Gottesman, Ed.D., Chair of the Einstein Board of Trustees and Montefiore Health System board member. The historic gift, reported to be $1 billion, will […]
In a recent letter to the editor published in Crain’s New York Business, BCW Executive Vice President John Ravitz passionately defended New York’s film and television tax credits. Responding to a critical study of the tax credit program, Ravitz highlighted the significant and ongoing benefits it brings to the state’s economy. Ravitz emphasized the pivotal […]
Become A Member
Join the county’s largest and most influential business organization today.JOIN NOW!