Center on Blindness
Come join us!
For an informative presentation on Website Accessibility, primarily focused on Post-Secondary Education.
WHEN: May 7, 2019
TIME: 10:00 am – noon
WHERE: VISIONS Center on Blindness (VCB)
111 Summit Park Rd., Spring Valley, NY
Eboné Woods, Team Attorney, and Jessica Daye, Equal Opportunity Specialist, from the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights will deliver a presentation focusing on website accessibility. They will also be available to answer questions.
The presentation will address these issues:
• What are your overarching legal obligations under Federal disability rights law?
• What accessibility guidelines are available?
• Who uses online technology?
• How do people with disabilities use online technology?
• What are some common barriers experienced by people with disabilities?
• What are the benefits to making online content accessible?
• What are some best practices to promote accessibility?
• What can OCR do to assist?
For Directions/Questions and to RSVP, call:
Jennifer Tetefsky, 845-345-3003 x 300 or email@example.com