The transition team for Westchester County Executive-Elect George Latimer will be listening to what residents have to say on a number of issues affecting Westchester during a series of hearing scheduled over the next two weeks. “These hearings are another step in ensuring input from residents and stakeholders in Westchester,” Latimer said. “They are a crucial step in my transition – gathering information that will be utilized so that we all move Westchester forward together,” he added.
Latimer appointed a 17-member Transition Team, including BCW President and CEO Marsha Gordon, who serves as co-chair of the Economic Development Subcommittee, to assist with a smooth transition for the new administration. Six subcommittees will hold the following hearings:
- Criminal Justice: December 13, 6pm – White Plains Library, 100 Martine Ave.
- Health and Mental Health: December 13, 7pm – Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Ctr.
- Social Services and Human Rights: December 14, 6pm – White Plains Library
- Administrative Services: December 18, 6pm – Mamaroneck Library, 136 Prospect Ave.
- Economic Development: December 19, 6pm – Mt. Kisco Public Library, 100 E. Main St.
- Operational Services: December 19, 7pm White Plains Library
Speakers are limited to three minutes. Written comments can also be submitted to the committees, by e-mailing them to LatimerTransition2017@gmail.com.