|Governor Cuomo today has signed into law an executive order that requires all businesses and not-for-profit entities to reduce the in-person workforce at any work location by 75 percent no later than March 20 at 8 p.m. This follows an order yesterday that had required a 50 percent reduction. Exceptions to this rule remain the same. Exception are:
• Essential health care operations including research and laboratory services
• Essential infrastructure including utilities, telecommunication, airports and transportation infrastructure
• Essential manufacturing, including food processing and pharmaceuticals
• Essential retail including grocery stores and pharmacies
• Essential services including trash collection, mail, and shipping services
• News media
• Banks and related financial institutions
• Providers of basic necessities to economically disadvantaged populations
• Vendors of essential services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operations of residences or other essential businesses
• Vendors that provide essential services or products, including logistics and technology support, child care and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government agencies and provide for the health, safety, and welfare of the public
This and other COVID-19 workplace related changes will be discussed tomorrow during a free webinar presented by the Business Council of New York State. You can register below.
Be Safe, Stay Well.
— Marsha Gordon, President and CEO of the Business Council of Westchester